5G Cell Tower and Cell Phone Songs
Music has helped inspire activism and calls for urgent change. Music is a universal language that transcends generations and can serve as medicine for the heart. The songs on this list hail from around globe – some are 5G protest songs, some champion other environmental causes. But they all have a similar message: a yearning to connect to the natural world and to be present with all living beings and one another. These songs are about gratitude for our life on this planet, about acknowledging the pain of not fully embracing our interconnectedness to all life, about seeing the world through new eyes, and moving forward to a more life-promoting way of being. These songs are a collective voice of “waking up.”
1) Children singing in Ireland against cell tower (Pink Floyd)
Children in Ireland Singing Against Plan To Install Cell Tower In School (To Tune of Pink Floyd), Produced by IADT, hosted by Reza Ganjavi, Nov 30, 2019
2) Stop 5G Now! By Reza Ganjavi (Give Peace A Chance John Lennon, Jan 24, 2020)
3) “A Little Chat”, a music video on cell phone safety by Aspen Jacquet shows why and how to reduce cell phone radiation.
Directed and produced by Peter Prestrud of Alarm Clock Films, shot in beautiful Jackson Hole WY, starring Environmental Health Trust Grand Prize 2015 Practice Safe Tech Contest Winner singer songwriter Jacquet plus several teenagers from Jackson Hole High School. The video was screened at the Jackson Hole High School Talent Show on May 23, 2016. The song is about safer ways to use cell phones and specifically, how to reduce radiation exposure.
4) Gabriel Brady – No Protocol 2 | 5G Global Protest Day, Dublin
Words and Music by Gabby Brady (c) A 12 Bar, R/B Song describing the Dangers of Wi Fi and 5GTechnology, and outlining Peoples dilemmas with technology. This perf has some words missing. Do watch out for the “killer” studio version of “NO Protocol 2” Official video to be Published on “Gabby Brady YouTube channel, early Feb. Drum – Ciaran Smith
5) “Heal the World Today” was created by Native American singer/songwriter, Shelley Morningsong for the largest event yet in the U.S. on the health effects of electromagnetic fields, held at the Commonwealth Club of California, the nation’s premiere public affairs forum, November 18, 2010.
Recorded and Produced by Larry Mitchell, Song Written and sung by Shelley Morningsong for Electromagnetic Health 2013
6) Siobhán de Paor | 5G Global Protest Day – Dublin
Very authentic and powerful spoken word by Siobhán from Co.Kerry
7) Pando House Rock, Song about cell phone privacy, Sep 17, 2012
In 2012, cell phone providers revealed that they had responded to a staggering 1.3 million demands for cell phone records from U.S. law enforcement agencies last year alone. These records can include location data, which officials within President Obama’s administration say does not require a search warrant to obtain. This revelation, coupled with concern over how cell phone providers share your information with advertisers, prompted us to write the cell phone privacy song.
9) A song about cell towers, Dec 22, 2011
10) Put down your phone, Joe Stilgoe, Aug 1, 2014
In his latest song for the Guardian, Joe Stilgoe urges you to put down your phone and reconnect with the outside world. iPhones, Androids and smartphones are everywhere but it’s time to spend with family and friends and take a break from ever-present screens.
11) Can We Auto-Correct Humanity, Prince Ea, Sep 29, 2014
You need not drastically minimize your time on social media and commit to spending time completely unplugged. The message is simple, be balanced, be mindful, be present, be here. 🙂
12) Put Your Phone Down – Music Video [HD] Jan 31, 2012, FogandSmogFilms
Put Your Phone Down from Fog and Smog Films. DJ Dave “goes dumb” on smart phones in this public service announcement to those among us who are emotionally, physically or surgically tied to our “pieces”. In today’s world of technology driven hyper-communication, its good to exercise your interpersonal skills, lest they atrophy. If you see something…say something.
VIDEO INFO Put Your Phone Down was shot on location in Santa Monica and Hollywood CA. Music and Lyrics by David Wittman http://www.davidwittman.com/ Directed by George Woolley http://georgewoolley.com/Home.html
13) BEAUTIFUL | Empty Hands Music | nimo feat. jason joseph, Mar 13, 2018
16) James Blunt’s song Satellites, Sep 20, 2013
17) Look on up Reliant K, Feb 14, 2016
“I put down my devices as I start to live my life.”
18) Look up, Gary Turk – Official Video, Apr 25, 2014
A spoken word film for an online generation. ‘Look Up’ is a lesson taught to us through a love story, in a world where we continue to find ways to make it easier for us to connect with one another, but always results in us spending more time alone. Featuring Louise Ludlam & Stuart Darnley. Filmed and Edited by Gary Turk. Original Music Composed by Daniel C. Cobb. Words available here: http://garyturk.com/portfolio-item/lo…
19) Lament (cell tower song)
Very intense song by Nina Beety, Apr 6, 2011
20) Stopp 5G (German), May 31, 2019, Funkwissen
Ein sehr ermutigendes Lied. Laßt uns gemeinsam Aufstehen und den Stopp von 5G durchsetzen
A very encouraging song. Let’s get up together and get 5G stopped
21) Break the chains 5G, Frank Kaanoi, Nov 18, 2019. This video was created to inspire all people to wake up and take action regarding the health and biological dangers of the new 5G technology being rolled out across this precious Mother Earth! Stop 5G Hawaii.
22) Put down the phone, Jordan York (Official Music Video), May 6, 2017
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL SONGS
1) Hey World (Don’t Give Up) is a song by Micheal Franti & Spearhead. Hey World (Don’t Give Up Version) Music Video from the NEW album ALL REBEL ROCKERS! Directed By Michael Franti and Carla Swanson, Produced by Stay Human Films. Oct 16, 2008
2) Climbing Poetree “Echoes of Starlight” Aug 5, 2019, mediasanctuary
Climbing Poetree (Alixa Garcia and Naima Penniman) performed at Freedom Square in Troy, New York for the Spirit of the Suffragettes concert series on July 23rd, 2019. A Media Sanctuary Production: Executive Producer: Steve Pierce Director: Branda Miller Cameras: Amajea Allen, Mikaela Clark-Gardner, Jonathan DeSousa, and Diani Drake Live and recorded sound: Troy Pohl Production assistance: Mark Russo and Josh Walsh Editor: Mikaela Clark-Gardner www.mediasanctuary.org www.climbingpoetree.com
3) Silent Speak, Jen Mytzel
Silence Speak ℗ 2015 Jen Myzel Released on: 2015-11-03
4) Steve Forbert | Good Planets Are Hard To Find (2017 Remix)
5) Melissa Etheridge I need to wake up, Nov 22, 2009
Music video by Melissa Etheridge performing I Need To Wake Up. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group, Motion Picture Footage From ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ (c) 2006 Paramount Classics, A Division of Paramount Pictures Corp
6) Natural Order, MaMa Muse, Dec 23, 2012
From the album “Strange And Wonderful”.
7) Crosby Stills and Nash – To the Last Whale (Critical Mas/Wind on the Water) San Francisco 1991
Posted Dec 4, 2015, David Crosby & Graham Nash, licensed by UMG (on behalf of Geffen*); Abramus Digital, Kobalt Music Publishing, LatinAutor, ARESA, Sony ATV Publishing, Audiam (Publishing), Spirit Music Publishing, BMG Rights Management, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA – UBEM, BMI – Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutor – PeerMusic, and 13 Music Rights Societies
8) Tori Kelly – Colors Of The Wind (Official Video), Nov 21, 2015
9) U.S.A. For Africa – We Are the World (Official Video) Music video by U.S.A. For Africa performing We Are the World. USA For Africa, posted April 12, 2010
10) Love Song To The Earth – OFFICIAL Lyric Video, Sep 4, 2015
Official Love Song To The Earth Lyric Video directed by Jerry Cope and Casey Culver produced by Jerry Cope & Toby Gad, Nature Cinematography by Louie Schwartzberg Featuring Vocal Performances by Paul McCartney, Jon Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Fergie, Colbie Caillat, Natasha Bedingfield, Sean Paul, Leona Lewis, Johnny Rzeznik, Krewella, Angelique Kidjo, Nicole Scherzinger, Kelsea Ballerini, Christina Grimmmie, Victoria Justice, Q’orianka Kilcher. For more information http://lovesongtotheearth.org
11) Climbing Poe Tree – When the Last Tree Stands Alone, April 25, 2014
Video produced by the Pachamama Alliance of Climbing PoeTree performing “When the Last Tree Stands Alone,” an environmental justice poem dedicated to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just human presence on the planet. Written and performed by Climbing PoeTree, Music by Fenyang Smith, Mandala Graphics by Climbing PoeTree, Video Edited by Michael Chappell, Filmed at Media One SF
12) SOS from the Kids (Official Music Video)
‘SOS from the Kids’, written by 12 year old Simeon and his mum. They co-ordinated a huge gathering of schools kids who performed the song near Parliament Square for the Global Strike on 20 Sept 2019. Resources for learning and performing this song are free to download from their website
13) Rising Appalachia – Resilient. Official Music Video, May 16, 2018
Directors- Chloe Smith and Leah Song Cinematographer/Editor- Alex Allaux Movement Director- Justin Conte Dancers- Amy Secada, Quentin Robinson (IAMSpecialFX), Justin Conte, Lukas van der Fecht. Musicians- Chloe Smith and Leah Song Lighting- Sam Warga Filmed in North America’s most diverse setting, New York City
14) Original Environmental Song – You can Count on Trees
Count on Trees lyrics: (Melody of Bruno Mars – Count on Me), Sep 26, 2018
FAQ: Feel free to use this for your school projects (Instrumental link here) This beautiful song won 3rd place in the Primary School’s Environmental Theme Song Competition
15) Buffy St. Marie – Carry it on, posted May 4, 2016
Singer-Songwriter, Activist, Educator, Visual Artist, and Multi-Award Winner BUFFY SAINTE-MARIE returns with new album POWER IN THE BLOOD, Licensed to YouTube by LatinAutor, Kobalt Music Publishing
16) Mahda Urf (earth song revival), Aug 26, 2019
Artists from all over the world going under the name of ‘The Mahdah Urf Collective are joined on the video by people and artists from all over planet earth for the emergency call-out to do something now about the environment.
The video is produced by Stevie Eagle E of Shlepp Entertainment. Directed by Stevie Eagle E. The video stars (in order of appearance) Jane Maria, Esco, Della Danger Drummond, V8nam, Richie Spice, Onika Best, Jah Fabio, Natalia, Stevie Eagle E, Zululand Gospel Choir, Raven Reii, Quezia Brazil, Sir Baily, Ladee Dread, Maiyalee, Popin, Kaos Mc, Sultan, Aleighcia Scott, Mo’Sax, Peter Doc B, Talis, Andrew Robinson, Kymmi. The video was shot on locations in USA, UK, Sweden, Switzerland, Africa, Brazil, Barbados, Jamaica, Mexico and China. www.UrfLove.com
17) Time is ticking out, The Cranberries, posted Dec 20, 2010
Music video by The Cranberries performing Time Is Ticking Out. (C) 2002 Geffen Records Best of The Cranberries: https://goo.gl/EGpVML
This indie rock song references the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, the hole in the ozone layer, and radiation.
18) Ellie Goulding – Every Time You Go (Demo Version) (with lyrics) posted Apr 18, 2012
19) David Attenborough – Wonderful World – BBC, Dec 7, 2011, CopterVideo
20) Shallow Waters Original and Official Music Video: 10 year old Ta’Kaiya Blaney & Aileen De La Cruz, Feb 3, 2011
21) Hieroglyphic Stairway – Drew Dellinger, May 21, 2019, Bioneers, This video is part of a series called “Seeding the Field: 30 Years of Transformative Solutions,”
SPIRITUALITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
1) “We are so provided for” Mitakuye Oyasin by Nahko and Medicine for the People
From Winona La Duke’s website “honor the earth”, Oregon-native Nahko, along with musical troubadours Medicine for the People, work through their music to spread awareness and take action to make the Changes they know are “healthy for all Earthlings and Mother Gaia herself.” They have been strong partners to Honor the Earth.
Nahko and Medicine for the People describes the world view of interconnectedness held by the Lakota people of North America as “we are all related.”
2) Ulali – Mahk Jchi (Heartbeat Drum Song) Jan 29, 2015
Lyrics & Translation: +Mahk jchi tahm buooi yahmpi gidi Mahk jchi taum buooi kan spewa ebi Mahmpi wah hoka yee monk Tahond tani kiyee tiyee Gee we-me eetiyee Nanka yaht yamoonieah wajitse
English Translation: ‘Our hearts are full and our minds are good. Our ancestors come and give us strength. Stand tall, sing, dance and never forget who you are or where you come from.
3) Medicine by Rising Appalachia, May 13, 2015. Jeremy Jensen Media Artist: Rising Appalachia Song: Medicine Album: Wider Circles Location: Lake Tahoe & Appalachia, The song is describing the medicine that is found all around us.
4) Nahko and Medicine for the People – Tus Pies (Your Feet), Feb 14, 2017
We humbly dedicate this song to those strong allies in our lives that have been anchors, beacons, and pillars through the ups and downs of life.
Tus Pies (Your Feet) Artist Nahko and Medicine for the People , Album HOKA , Licensed to YouTube by Believe Music, Kobalt (AWAL Digital Limited), UMG, The Orchard Music (on behalf of SideOneDummy Records); LatinAutor, CMRRA, AMRA, and 2 Music Rights Societies
5) In These Arms, A Song for All Beings — Jennifer Berezan, Dec 3, 2010
The official Jennifer Berezan music video produced by music photographer Irene Young with co-producer, Laurelin Remington-Wolf. Featuring excerpts from the making of the hour long chant CD including gorgeous footage of musicians from around the world, the Buddhist nuns of South Korea, and Jennifer Berezan. Musicians include Jennifer Berezan, Jack Kornfield, Chris Webster, don benedictson, Dechen Shak-Dagsay (Tibet), Rita Sahai (India), Katia Cardenal (Nicaragua), Kiva Simova, The Buddhist Nuns of Unmun-sa Monastery, South Korea, David Worm, Melanie DeMore, Raz Kennedy, Sarah Dugas (French Canada), Steve Dawson, Julie Wolf, Jami Sieber, Milind Date (India) and more.
6) GRATEFUL: A Love Song to the World | Empty Hands Music | nimo feat. daniel nahmod, Nov 26, 2013, emptyhandsmusic Freely Download the “Grateful” song and Full album as a gift from nimo at: http://www.emptyhandsmusic.com/album-…